Jobs > Linux Specialist
• Experience with different distributions of Linux (Red Hat/Debian/CentOS/Suse) environments.
• Linux Routing and Load Balancing skills
• Linux Routing (ipsec/iptables/netfilter)
• Experience with Linux automation tools (i.e. Puppet / Chef etc.)
• File system concepts (inode, paging, swapping, clustering, logical partitions, etc.)
• Ability to work well with the team and on various projects
• Experience with Backup software and strategies (dd, bacula is a plus, TSM is a plus)
• Willingness to learn new things and extremely flexible if workflow is changing
• Fluent English (spoken and written)
• Communicative competence (pro-active)
Nice to have
• ITIL Certified
• Training skills in order to mentor junior team members
• Ability to conceptualize problems
• Ability to work under pressure and remain decisive
• Proficient in at least 1 programming/scripting language – bash, python, ruby, etc.
• Experience with backup tools such as Tivoli TSM
• Experience with system monitoring tools and analyzing results
• Bachelor degree, with a technical major such as Engineering or Computer Science
• Experienced in configuration of deployment pipelines and comfortable with version control systems (Git, GitHub)
The candidates for this position should have experience supporting enterprise class IT environments, preferably Linux environments. Linux specialist is responsible for at least three distributions, Red Hat, SUSE and Ubuntu. As a result the environment is very dynamic, exposing the team to a broad range of technologies and endless learning opportunities.
The Linux Support team is a highly collaborative group and the team members are each given the opportunity to establish themselves as a subject matter expert in their areas of interest. The team is not your typical support organization, the team members are highly skilled, they thrive in an environment that brings new challenges daily, fostering a culture of learning and they are driven in their efforts to help the client succeed.
Who You are:
Should have thorough applied technical knowledge of the fundamental concepts and technologies associated with LINUX Operating Systems (Hardware, Software).
Capable of performing installation, implementation, customization, operation, recovery and performance tuning.
Experienced Unix System Administrator to support various flavors of Unix servers.
Should be able to review Backup reports and Initiate actions on backup failure against specific documentation. Implement changes, perform security related tasks, identify and recommend improvements to existing processes and procedures.
What you’ll do:
Install, Configure, Upgrade automated Security health checking client
Support automated Security health checking client
Install, Configure, Upgrade automated Patch management client
Support automated Patch management client
Install, Configure, Upgrade Enterprise Automations Client Software
Support Enterprise Automations Client Software
Install, Configure, Upgrade Hardware Monitoring Client Software
Support Hardware monitoring Client Software
Install, Configure, Upgrade Electronic Software Distribution Client Software
Support Electronic Software Distribution Client Software
Implement security patches - Automated implementation
Implement security patches - Manual implementation
Backout security patches Bundle
Support OS monitoring Client Software
Support Backup and Recovery client
Update Unix Operating system
Install / Upgrade High Availability / Clustering environment
Configure High Availability / Clustering environment
Configure High Availability / Storage Devices
Configure High Availability / Network Devices
Perform Failover Testing
Support High Availability environment
Abiding by Change Management and Problem Management procedures, including complying with the Service Level Agreements as documented in the Problem Severity matrix.
Act on Day to Day House Keeping tasks by using tools & scripts
Create regular reports for Management requirements.
You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.